Error: Java JAR File "Metscape_1.jar could not be launched Check the console for possible errors"

Gregory Louie

Aug 20, 2016, 8:33:49 AM8/20/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Folks,

Could someone help me run Metscape from a Mac with the latest Java.

I've reproduced some of the info below.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
Intel 2.4 ghz Core i5
10 gb memory
El Capitan 10.11.5

When I click on the jar file, I get the error message.   The console settings are also below.

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 8.21.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 8.21.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 8.21.56 AM.png

Tim Hull

Aug 22, 2016, 1:56:05 PM8/22/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Cytoscape apps (such as MetScape) aren't supposed to be run as standalone JAR files - they are supposed to be used inside Cytoscape. If you don't have Cytoscape installed, you'll need to download and install it from cytoscape.org. Then, open Cytoscape using the icon, and open the App Manager (Apps-App Manager...) There, you can install the JAR you downloaded using the Install from File button, or install MetScape using the App Store directly.

Let me know if you have any other issues...

Tim