error to use genemania to cytoscape

Yang song

Sep 3, 2015, 7:27:18 PM9/3/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I try to use geneMania in cytoscape, but alway get the same error:( attachment)

I am using  mac, the java is 1.8.0 , cityscape 3.2.1

Could someone provide some information?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 7.14.58 PM.png

lezioni...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2015, 9:52:34 AM9/7/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I'm in the same situation.
What happened to Genemania?

lezioni...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2015, 10:31:07 AM9/7/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I've tried also the command java -jar GeneMania.jar DataAdmin list
As it appears, it seems they changed something in their website directories, so the Cytoscape plugin is unable to retrieve data.
In particular it searches for http://www.genemania.org/plugin/data/descriptions.txt which is unavailable.
Hope someone will be able to solve this issue, also because GeneMania is one of the best Cyto apps.

Christian Lopes

Sep 8, 2015, 1:58:14 PM9/8/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Can you please try again? The server should be fine now.

Thanks,
Christian

lezioni...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2015, 3:47:11 PM9/8/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Dear Christian,
Genemania started again to work!

Thanks,
Claudio

Nara K

Feb 1, 2016, 3:03:17 PM2/1/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,
Im getting these error messages while trying to install GeneMANIA plugin in Cytoscape 2.8

Im using OS X Osemite
10.10.5

Error messages

Failed to get input stream for "http://cytoscape.org/plugins/plugins.xml"!

cytoscape.actions.PluginManagerAction$ManagerAction[ERROR]: Failed to get input stream for "http://cytoscape.org/plugins/plugins.xml"!

Caused by:
Failed to get input stream for "http://cytoscape.org/plugins/plugins.xml"!
at cytoscape.util.URLUtil.getBasicInputStream(URLUtil.java:109)
at cytoscape.util.URLUtil.getInputStream(URLUtil.java:68)
at cytoscape.plugin.PluginFileReader.(PluginFileReader.java:49)
at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.inquire(PluginManager.java:327)
at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManagerInquireTask.run(PluginManagerInquireTask.java:77)
at cytoscape.task.util.TaskWrapper.run(TaskManager.java:160)

can someone help.

thanks
Nara

Barry Demchak

Feb 2, 2016, 11:04:04 AM2/2/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Nara –

Is there some reason you’re using Cytoscape 2.8 instead of Cytoscape 3.3?? 2.8 is very old, and it’ll be hard to get good answers about it.