Problem editing nodes' names

Lucas Costa

Oct 16, 2016, 7:44:31 PM10/16/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
After a few minutes using the software it won't allow to edit the names of new nodes.
When I try to edit, either by right clicking in the node name in the node list, or double clicking its name to edit, it will be grey, and won't allow me to edit.

If I close the program and reopen it will work normally again for 2 or three minutes and then it will present the same problem above mentioned.

Any one know what may be happening?

piet molenaar

Oct 20, 2016, 12:11:31 PM10/20/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Lucas,
For clarification: are you trying to edit the node name in the table? That should be possible.
Can you otherwise send me your session file that exhibits the problem?
Cheers,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

Lucas Costa

Oct 20, 2016, 12:58:26 PM10/20/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piet,

Thank you for your answer.

I am editing the node name in the table. It will usually work just fine, but some times the software becomes unstable, and I can't edit the nodes names in the table.
If I restart the program it will work normally again.

I learned that if I wait few minutes it will work again, even if I don't restart, and then it will be stable. So, it's a solution, although not the ideal one.

Cheers,

Lucas

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:44 AM, Lucas Costa <lucasn...@gmail.com> wrote:
After a few minutes using the software it won't allow to edit the names of new nodes.
When I try to edit, either by right clicking in the node name in the node list, or double clicking its name to edit, it will be grey, and won't allow me to edit.

If I close the program and reopen it will work normally again for 2 or three minutes and then it will present the same problem above mentioned.

Any one know what may be happening?

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

piet molenaar

Oct 21, 2016, 4:35:10 AM10/21/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Lucas,
That is peculiar behavior, we don't want Cytoscape to be unstable software!
Is there any message in the Task History? (you can access it by clicking the show task icon in the lower right corner, see image) Or is your memory low?
What apps are you using?
Cheers,
Piet

Inline image 1