Importing Node Colors

cdog...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 5:20:15 PM3/15/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hey guys, I'm trying to learn how to use Cytoscape for research but am having trouble getting the node colors to take. I have tried loading colors from the source file as both RGB ((255,255,255)) and hex (#FFFFFF) but Cytoscape does not like the format either way. I am trying to do this using the mapping feature.

So, what is the correct format to represent colors?

Thanks for your help!

Alex Pico

Mar 15, 2018, 6:46:06 PM3/15/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hex codes are the way to go. I just imported this csv of hex coded colors mapped to names in the sample session file "Yeast Perturbation.cys" and then set the Node Fill Color to "passthrough" the color column and it worked.

Hope this helps!
 - Alex
colors.csv