Table not importing

hewg...@ebi.ac.uk

Aug 18, 2017, 11:47:21 AM8/18/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I followed the website directions on table import but it didn't work for me.

I am trying to import a well formatted CSV to an empty network. My table has two columns labelled 'Facet' and 'Frequency'. I want the 'Facet' to be the name of the node and the 'Frequency' to dictate the diameter.

My steps:

1. In the 'Import Columns from Table' window I select 'To selected networks only' and select my network.
2. I import data as 'Node Table Columns' and leave key column for networks as 'shared name'
3. the table looks good in the preview
4. Then after clicking ok nothing imports

It imports as an unsigned table correctly but I can't find documentation on how to get from here to what I need.

If I import 'To a Network Collection' I get the error:
column already exists with name: 'Frequency' with type: 'class'
java.lang.Integer
in table: Network default mode

if I delete the frequency column (that automatically appears with an empty network) and repeat, again nothing is loaded.

Could you help?

Barry Demchak

Aug 18, 2017, 11:48:22 AM8/18/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Any chance you could provide a small example CSV file?

Barry Demchak

Aug 18, 2017, 11:49:38 AM8/18/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Also, it would be helpful to have a .CYS file for the Cytoscape session you're trying to import into.

Thanks!

Aug 18, 2017, 12:29:58 PM8/18/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,
Actually, I think you want to use File->Import->Network->File, not
Table->File. This will bring up a very similar interface but allow you
indicate that "Facet" is the source node column and "Frequency" is a
Source Node Attribute. You won't select any Target node information.
You'll get a warning when you click OK, but in the end, you should get a
network with no edges.

-- scooter