CentiScaPe v2.1

abed...@ymail.com

Jun 8, 2016, 2:27:48 AM6/8/16
to Cytoscape-helpdesk
Dear all,

Recently, I have used CentiScaPe v2.1 app of Cytoscape. One of my networks has 9998 nodes with 39218 edges. I want to calculate centrality parameters for this network. I run this plugin for 24 hours but it is working node 197 of 9998 and it is continuing calculation.
What is the problem?
Does this application have a limitation for large networks?

Kind Regards,
Maryam

piet molenaar

Jun 9, 2016, 7:51:26 AM6/9/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk, Giovanni Scardoni
Hi Maryam,
Did you use the app itself for centrality parameters calculation? In that case Giovanni Sardoni; the app author, cc-ed might have an answer.
Otherwise I just used the built in NetworkAnalyzer tool for calculation of these parameters on a similar network (9.9k nodes, 34k edges) and was able to obtain a result within minutes, can you try that?
Hope this helps,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

abed...@ymail.com

Jun 9, 2016, 2:10:25 PM6/9/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piet,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I used this app for centrality parameter calculation. I sent an e-mail to the author of this app but I did not receive a reply.
I used NetworkAnalyzer tool at first. It was very helpful. I would like to use CentiScape as it calculates some different parameters.

Best,
Maryam