Installation

Anayanci Masís V.

Jun 23, 2016, 5:32:00 AM6/23/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello!
I am new with cytoscape and I am trying to install it. I updated my Java to the latest version (8) and I have Windows 10 64 bits. When I am renning the installer I get a message that says "The install4j wizard could not find Java(TM) Runtime Environment on your system. Please locate a suitable 64-bit JRE. (minimum version: 1.8)", so I locate the Java.exe on my pc and then I got "The JVM found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\java.exe is damaged. Please reinstall or define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE.
I uninstall Java and installed again, checked my version on the webpage without results. Also I checked my system with the windows.bat file but it got stuck and never ends the check up. Any thoughts???
I really appreciate your help in advance!

Scooter Morris

Jun 23, 2016, 9:52:05 AM6/23/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to Cytoscape!

It sounds to me like you wound up accidentally installing the 32 bit JVM.  Unfortunately, the download site presents the 32 bit JVM even though you have Windows 64.  To get the 64 bit JVM, go here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html and make sure to select jdk-8u91-windows-x64.exe.

-- scooter

Anayanci Masís V.