Node attributes

Simon Lindgren

May 11, 2017, 5:35:18 AM5/11/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I have the same problem that is described here. I can't find a solution.

I have an edge table csv with source; target; weight, and a node table csv with id; label; type.

I use File: Import: Network: File to import the edge list. Cytoscape reads source, target and weight columns correctly and presents a graph view.

Cytoscape, as a consequence, has created an automatic Node Table with shared name; name columns.

I now need the 'type' attribute from my node table csv to be added.

I use 'Import Table from File' to read my node table.

It adds the Type column, but leaves it empty.

What is the solution to this?

Scooter Morris

May 11, 2017, 8:10:08 AM5/11/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,
    You need to make sure that the values in the "id" column in your node table csv map exactly to the "source" and "target" values.  So if "source" has
'This value' then the "id" must also be 'This value'.  Make sense?  If not go ahead and send some snippets of your two csv files.

-- scooter