About International Version

knight.lo...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2017, 8:17:06 AM9/5/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,
I wonder if Cytoscape can develop international version like Chinese , Japanese.
If possible, may I join the project and make help on internationalize?

Thanks.

Zhang

Barry Demchak

Sep 5, 2017, 10:53:42 AM9/5/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Zhang --

Thanks for your interest in doing this.

We're happy to have new contributors. Something like this is a very big effort, though. Do you see a very big demand for it? Can you explain more??

Please note that Cytoscape has not been architected for internationalization, and there are many big and small considerations. So, this wouldn't be a matter of translation ... it's also a matter of internal architecture of both Cytoscape core and the numerous apps.