enrichment app: Error message when building a map

lena....@yahoo.de

Jul 15, 2016, 12:19:00 PM7/15/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,
I am trying to construct an enrichment map from data created by DAVID. I always get an error message 1.
I don´t know what I am doing wrong I already followed the instructions in the tutorial and changed my computer settings to the english settings but still it does not work.
Do you have any idea what else I could try?

Thanks a lot
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Ruth

Jul 15, 2016, 12:37:36 PM7/15/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lena,

Which version of enrichment map and cytoscape are you using?

Also, if you send me a subset of your david file I can check out what the issue might be.

Thanks,

Ruth

image001.png

lena....@yahoo.de

Jul 18, 2016, 2:40:22 AM7/18/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk

Hi Ruth,

thank you very much. I am using the cytoscape version 3.4.0 and the enrichment app is the version v2.1.0.
Enclosed I send you one of my data sheets.

Thanks a lot

Lena
DAVID data Lena.txt

Ruth Isserlin

Jul 18, 2016, 11:48:42 AM7/18/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lena,
Any chance you opened the DAVID output file with excel?  It looks like there are some extra tabs at the end of the file. We will fix that in the next release.  I have attached your david file without them and it works fine.

We recently changed the enrichment map visual style to by default to show the geneset description instead of the geneset name.  For David results this is meaningless.  So once you have created your network you just have to update your network style to map the label to the Geneset name.  David only recently got updated so we haven't been using it but we will also fix this issue in the next enrichment map release.

Inline image 1

Thanks,
Ruth

--