cytoscape startup error

praveenksharma

Feb 25, 2009, 12:57:28 AM2/25/09
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I am new to Cytoscape.I am trying to run the cytoscape online
tutorials.I am unable to run the web start.When I launched Cytoscape
from the installed program on my notebook I got this startup error
message though the cytoscape window did open.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$Loader.getResource(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.loadResourcePlugins
(PluginManager.java:930)
at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.loadPlugins(PluginManager.java:797)
at cytoscape.CytoscapeInit.init(CytoscapeInit.java:259)
at cytoscape.CyMain.<init>(CyMain.java:158)
at cytoscape.CyMain.main(CyMain.java:122)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Please help me out.I would like to undertake the exercise as outlined
in the Nature protocol so that I have a hang of this software.Most
importatntly I want to analyse the expression data in budding yeast.I
have installed cytoscape version 2.6.1 and I have windows Vista OS

Looking forward to helpful suggestion

Regards,
Praveen

piet molenaar

Feb 25, 2009, 11:17:28 AM2/25/09
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Praveen,
This is probably related to the question you previously asked, I've contacted people involved and will come back to you asap.
Cheers,
Piet
--
Piet Molenaar