coloring my nodes in cytoscape network

atira

Mar 13, 2018, 5:39:18 AM3/13/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
hi dear,
i have a big network comprising up and down regulated genes (differentially expressed genes). i want to color nodes in different color. up regulated genes:green and down regulated genes:red.

how can i do this?

anyone can help me?

piet molenaar

Mar 13, 2018, 6:14:07 AM3/13/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

This can be done, it is actually what Cytoscape is made for.
It is part of the new and fully updated tutorials wiki: https://github.com/cytoscape/cytoscape-tutorials/wiki

In short, you should use a visual style; open the style tab in the left panel, make sure the node tab is selected. Click on the Fill Color row and select the proper data column containing the expression values. Set the mapping type to continuous and select the color and gradient values to your liking.

Hope this helps,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

atira

Mar 13, 2018, 9:15:06 AM3/13/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk

thanks for your guidance

i constructed ppi network in "string database" and visualized in cytoscape so i don't have expression values. in this case i have name, shared name and selected in the fill color of style panel. therefore all nodes become one-color.

please help me?

piet molenaar

Mar 13, 2018, 9:27:08 AM3/13/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Well, for this to be visualized the data has to be entered into Cytoscape.
In what format is your expression data?

t.cher...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 3:37:40 AM3/21/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 4:57:08 PM UTC+3:30, Piet wrote:
> Well, for this to be visualized the data has to be entered into Cytoscape.
> In what format is your expression data?
>

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 2:15 PM, atira <t.cher...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> thanks for your guidance
>

> i constructed  ppi network in "string database" and visualized in cytoscape so i don't have expression values. in this case i have name, shared name and selected  in the fill color of style panel. therefore all nodes become one-color.
>

> please help me?
>

> --

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/cytoscape-helpdesk.
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cytoscape-helpdesk/c169f655-a075-4403-8c6e-057af9c5b289%40googlegroups.com.

> --
>
> Piet Molenaar
> piet...@gmail.com
> Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
> Academic Medical Center
> University of Amsterdam
> Meibergdreef 9
> 1105 AZ Amsterdam
> the Netherlands
>
> tel (+31) 20-5666592
> fax (+31) 20-6918626

i constructed my network in string database by entering interested proteins and visualized in cytoscape. string file is "txt".