Can't build a correlation network

Guillermo Q

Dec 9, 2015, 5:21:33 PM12/9/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi! I have recently installed CytoScape 3.3.0 and MetScape. I find no problem to build pathway-based networks, but when I try to build a correlation network, the "Build network" push button is not activated.
I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem? maybe there is a simple fix but I can't find it (like change settings in spreadsheets, instead of commas use dot, or something similar??)
I will appreciate any help, Thanks!

piet molenaar

Dec 10, 2015, 12:24:12 PM12/10/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,
Are you sure your network is annotated with numeric data?
You can check this by hovering over the column headers in the data table.
Cheers,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

agathe...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2016, 11:13:28 AM2/4/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk

Hi !

I have exactly the same problem, can't press the "Build network" button... Did you manage to fix your problem ?

Thanks for your answer !

piet molenaar

Feb 4, 2016, 12:35:51 PM2/4/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk, Karnovsky, Alla, Terry Weymouth, Duren, Bill
Hi,
This is most likely an issue in the Metscape app; so I've cc-ed the folks who build the app, they might be able to help you out.
Cheers,
Piet

piet molenaar

Feb 5, 2016, 3:13:20 AM2/5/16
to Duren, Bill, agathe...@gmail.com, cytoscape-helpdesk, Karnovsky, Alla, Terry Weymouth
Hi, for some reason gmail didn't include the mail adress of you Agathe, so I'm forwarding this to you.
Bill, Agathe actually asked this question...

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Duren, Bill <w...@med.umich.edu> wrote:
Hi Guillermo and Piet,

Piet, thanks for forwarding this to me.

Guillermo, I just tried this and had no trouble building a correlation network on my Mac.  Someone else also reported this problem just today, so something may have changed somewhere.  Let's start by exchanging some information.

Are you running on Mac or Windows?  Since you say you have recently installed MetScape, I assume you are running v3.1.2, but could you verify that please?  And finally, what version of Java are you running?  Mine is 1.8u72.

Best,
Bill