Controlling shape of group node

Barry Demchak

Dec 6, 2017, 7:57:29 PM12/6/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi, all –

I’m drawing a network that has a few hub-like subgraphs.

I’d like to draw the subgraphs as a cloud containing the subgraph nodes, and I’d like nodes external to the cloud to have edges drawn only to the cloud boundary.

I can see how to get the group node drawn as a rectangle. But that’s not a cloud.

If I apply an image to the group, it occupies the node foreground, and so is on top of whatever nodes are in the group.

Here’s the graph as drawn … I’d like the grouping rectangle to be a cloud:

Here’s what happens if I add a shape … it overlays my nodes and I can’t shake the grouping node border:

Is there any way to have the grouping node be an image (of a cloud) and have the grouped nodes float on top of it?

Thanks!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

: Barry Demchak, PhD

: National Resource for Network Biology (NRNB)

: UC San Diego

: Department of Medicine

: Biomedical Research Facility II, Room 3A15

: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-7065-7786

: Land line: (858) 822-4756, Mobile: (858) 452-8700

image001.png
image002.png

Scooter Morris

Dec 7, 2017, 9:58:52 AM12/7/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barry,
    You can change the shape of a compound node using the Shape (Compound Node) property.  However, we don't currently support custom shapes, so you are limited to shapes that are provided by Cytoscape.

-- scooter