gene network simplification

Joseph Mudd

Sep 30, 2016, 1:48:20 PM9/30/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

I have a network of 50 interferon-stimulated genes and want to show their links by co-expression.  The co-expression links are based upon data from 20 publications and the network has generated hundreds of links between the genes.  The question I am wondering, is there a way to simplify, or reduce the number of links to be able to more legibly tell where the interactions are?  At this point it is too complicated.  Is it possible to reduce links by deselecting some of the publications that the links are based upon?

Thank you so much for your help.

jc
Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 1.48.55 PM.png

Barry Demchak

Sep 30, 2016, 2:06:09 PM9/30/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi –

How would you choose which links to eliminate?