importing psicquic networks

bilc...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2017, 7:18:35 PM12/7/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Maybe this was answered earlier, but after some searching I could not find out how to do this.

I have seen, that you can instruct Cytoscape within R through CyREST to import a String network.

Now I would like to do similarly with CyREST the import of networks from PSICQUIC based on a gene identifier. I have been searching but could not find it.
Can anyone tell me how to do this, please?

Many thanks for your time and effort.
Freddy

Scooter Morris

Dec 7, 2017, 7:51:38 PM12/7/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Freddy,

    That functionality is not available, yet.

-- scooter

bilc...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2017, 8:03:21 PM12/7/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Would it be possible within Cytoscape through its own command line? In the namespace 'network' however, there is no 'import psicquic', only from file or from url.

Best, Freddy

Scooter Morris

Dec 7, 2017, 8:04:33 PM12/7/17
On 12/07/2017 05:03 PM, bilc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Would it be possible within Cytoscape through its own command line? In the namespace 'network' however, there is no 'import psicquic', only from file or from url.
>
> Best, Freddy

No, I'm afraid not.  We need to "commandize" the psicquic importer in
the same way that we did with string.

-- scooter

bilc...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2017, 8:15:12 PM12/7/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
OK, thanks for the swift answers, Scooter!