changing layout of a network

sgblackpearl

Nov 29, 2016, 1:17:13 PM11/29/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

How do one change the layout of a network based on some node attributes; say GO category.

Scooter Morris

Dec 1, 2016, 11:07:07 AM12/1/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,
  I answered this in a separate reply, but for completeness, I'll restate it here.  Most of the layout algorithms that support data-driven movements use edge attributes, not node attributes.  You could use the Group Attribute Layout, which uses discrete node attributes, but you would need to reduce the GO category for each of your nodes to a single value (lists aren't supported).  You may want to look at apps that work specifically with GO terms -- enrichmentMap, for example.

-- scooter

sudip ghosh

Dec 1, 2016, 11:08:46 AM12/1/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com