How to move some nodes to the front

prof.a....@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 7:02:01 AM3/21/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I've seen this answered on line, but the answer applied to earlier versions, and the menu option seems to have disappeared. I need particular nodes to be clearly visible "on top" or "in front" of the others. Controlled by a node variable would be fine, or just by selecting some and selecting a "bring to front" option - but I can't see anything like this in 3.6.0. Suggestions most welcomed.
Regards,
Alan

Scooter Morris

Mar 22, 2018, 11:57:37 AM3/22/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Alan,
   Cytoscape supports a limited Z-Order capability for nodes.  If you select all the nodes you want to be in front, then go the styles panel and under properties select Z Location to show that in the panel, you can set a Bypass (the "Byp." column) for the Z order of those nodes. The higher the Z value the closer to the viewer, so setting a Z value of 1 will move the nodes in front of any nodes that have the default (0).

-- scooter

prof.a....@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2018, 9:34:32 PM3/28/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Fantastic - thanks so much - exactly what I was after (I have z data, so the whole thing looks beautiful).
Regards,
Alan