Rolling out new CyREST ... need beta evaluators

Barry Demchak

Apr 25, 2017, 11:37:50 AM4/25/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com, Cytoscape-Announce, cytoscap...@googlegroups.com

Hello Cytoscapers –

CyREST has proven popular and useful beyond our expectations … and so we’re putting major resources into improving it.

For the last several months, we have been collecting wish lists and working on CyREST infrastructure to make those wishes come true.

Our first step is to release a minor upgrade to existing CyREST … implemented by a whole new CyREST engine that will eventually enable:

·         Much better coverage of Cytoscape functionality

·         Ability to execute functionality in Apps

·         Much better documentation (based on Swagger)

·         JSON-based function and App return values

·         Improved access to CyCommands (for scripting)

To get off on the right foot, we’re asking for volunteers that already use CyREST for their workflows and can verify that basic CyREST2 does no harm. (We’re not releasing new functionality at this time, though sneak peaks are available. Right now, we just need to verify that CyREST2 does everything that existing CyREST does without breaking your workflows.)

To help out, please reply directly to me (idekerlab...@gmail.com) and we’ll set you up with CyREST2 and make sure you stay in the CyREST development loop. Of course, we’d be very excited to hear whatever CyREST perspective you’d like to share, too.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

: Barry Demchak, PhD

: National Resource for Network Biology (NRNB)

: UC San Diego

: Department of Medicine

: Medical Sciences Research (MSR) Building, Room 3A15

: https://sosa.ucsd.edu/confluence/display/~bdemchak/Home

: Land line: (858) 822-4756, Mobile: (858) 452-8700