Is there any layout to avoid node overlap (like gephi has 'Noverlap') ?

ashraf....@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2018, 3:59:07 AM3/24/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Dear All,

Could anyone suggest me any Cytoscape layout, which can avoid node overlapping( like gephi has 'Noverlap'). Is there any 3rd party plugin or anything, which can solve my issue.

Thanks for you support!

regards
Ashraf

Barry Demchak

Mar 28, 2018, 5:23:22 PM3/28/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi --

Most layouts that meet this criteria, though some may not take into account the size of the node as you may have set using the Styles tab. Is that what you're getting at?

I'd try different layouts, as they all bring out different structure, and many have the side effect of not overlapping reasonably sized nodes.

Be sure to Install yFiles layouts, too ... there are several very nice ones.

ugurdogrusoz

Mar 30, 2018, 1:29:01 AM3/30/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
CoSE (Compound Spring Embedder) is one such layout that take node dimensions into account.

Best,
UD