error to add plugin named as GeNa

ehsan ramezani

Jan 28, 2016, 2:07:05 PM1/28/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I want to add one plugin named as GeNa to the cytoscape.
I got the following error:
"Jar is missing value for entry Cytoscape-App in its manifest file."

However, there are number of papers that applied this plugin.

I wonder if you could help me with this.

Thanks
Ehsan

Tim Hull

Jan 28, 2016, 2:18:12 PM1/28/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
It looks like GeNA is a Cytoscape 2 plugin. Judging by the error you got, you're using Cytoscape 3 - Cytoscape 2 plugins are not compatible with Cytoscape 3.

Unfortunately, as GeNA doesn't look to have a Cytoscape 3 version, you'll have to use Cytoscape 2.8.3 (or older) to use that plugin. You may be able to find apps (the new name for plugins) with similar functionality for Cytoscape 3, and you may want to ask the GeNA developers if they have any interest in a Cytoscape 3 port...

Tim

ehsan ramezani

Jan 28, 2016, 4:35:12 PM1/28/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Thank you Tim for the reply.

I tried Cytoscape 2.8.3 to use that plugin.
I got another error again:
"Unable to install plugin:java.lang.NullPointerException"

Would you please let me know what I should do in this case?

Thanks
Ehsan

Tim Hull