Selecting different labelling data, graphml file

ivanovaos.09

Jun 27, 2017, 8:14:09 AM6/27/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I export the graphml file to cytoscape and my file has several values attached to each element of the graph.
In the attached picture you can see that cytoscape uses the shared name (id for each element in graphml file) for labeling the elements. I would like to assign HGNC_code instead of it. On the import step cytoscape suggests to chose something called Node Identifier Mapping column, I was hoping it's for the labels of the elements. I tried to choose another column from the list in this step, but it didn't change the final output. Labeling is using the ids anyway.
Is there a way to change labels of the elements from the one cytoscape is using by default?
Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 14.07.20.png

Piet

Jul 6, 2017, 12:17:02 PM7/6/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,
You have to change the way the label is mapped to the attributes in the style interface; see here: http://manual.cytoscape.org/en/stable/Styles.html#introduction-to-the-style-interface
In your case you want to map the nodes label visual property to the attribute HGNC_code by way of a passthrough mapping type
Hope this helps,
Piet