Problem with running Cytoscape 3.5.0

Yamini Chand

Apr 27, 2017, 1:38:59 AM4/27/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have installed Cytoscape version 3.5.0 and Java 8, but every time when I launch Cytoscape it opens and after few seconds the application gets closed. Am I doing something wrong?

Please help.

--
Regards
Yamini Chand

Yamini Chand

Apr 27, 2017, 6:26:36 AM4/27/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have installed Cytoscape version 3.5.0 and Java 8 successfully, but every time when I launch Cytoscape it gets open and after few seconds the application gets closed.
Am I doing something wrong?

Best

Scooter Morris

Apr 27, 2017, 10:40:20 AM4/27/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yamini,
    Sounds like Cytoscape may not have permission to write in the CytoscapeConfiguration directory.  What operating system are you running on?

-- scooter

Yamini Chand

Apr 27, 2017, 12:53:50 PM4/27/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
It's windows 7 (64-bit).

On 04/27/2017 03:26 AM, Yamini Chand wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Cytoscape version 3.5.0 and Java 8 successfully, but every time when I launch Cytoscape it gets open and after few seconds the application gets closed.
Am I doing something wrong?

Best

Barry Demchak

Apr 27, 2017, 2:10:56 PM4/27/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Does Cytoscape start properly if you are signed onto the Windows admin account?