Data structure in galExpData.csv?

Nesha Hollman

Nov 29, 2017, 9:39:55 AM11/29/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

I am interested in importing expression data into Cytoscape. I initially used the tutorial and the sample data file, galExpData.csv, will someone please explain the data structure? How did you all obtain the values for the expression (i.e. gal1Rexp values) and the significance (i.e. gal1Rsig values)?

Thank you,

Nesha

Barry Demchak

Nov 29, 2017, 11:22:32 AM11/29/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi –

This network derives from a 2001 paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=11340206

The galExpData.csv file follows standard CSV format (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values), so each line encodes a row of data on a spreadsheet, and the first line encodes the column names. For example, each line contains a GENE, COMMON, gal1RGexp … value, separated by commas.

Does this help?

Nesha Hollman

I am interested in importing expression data into Cytoscape. I initially used the tutorial and the sample data file, galExpData.csv, will someone please explain the data structure? How did you all obtain the values for the expression (i.e. gal1Rexp values) and the significance (i.e. gal1Rsig values)?

Thank you,

Nesha

Ms. Antoinesha Hollman
Graduate Assistant/PhD Candidate
Environmental Science PhD Fellow
Jackson State University

“Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today.” — Malcolm X

Nesha Hollman