.phos file input for PhosphoPath

Shivangi Awasthi

Mar 14, 2017, 4:01:10 PM3/14/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi all,

So I followed the manual for the PhosphoPath app and it worked fine. I am trying to use the app on my phosphoproteomics data. I wanted to know how can i generate the .phos file for network input like the "dataset.phos" file from the tutorial. Thanks so much!

Barry Demchak

Mar 14, 2017, 4:29:42 PM3/14/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi --

Forwarding your question to the app authors for direct assistance.

... please stay tuned.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Shivangi Awasthi <shiva...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

So I followed the manual for the PhosphoPath app and it worked fine. I am trying to use the app on my phosphoproteomics data. I wanted to know how can i generate the .phos file for network input like the "dataset.phos" file from the tutorial. Thanks so much!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD
: UC San Diego, Department of Medicine
: https://sosa.ucsd.edu/confluence/display/~bdemchak/Home
: (858) 452-8700
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Rubin joshi

May 15, 2017, 8:51:42 AM5/15/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
I created a tab delimited text (.txt) file in the exact format as the example dataset in R. Then I just changed the extension to .phos from .txt. Then it works. The only issue I had was if I used excel to do the reformatting cytoscape only accepted the first protein. It is probably because reformatting with excel might tamper with the text separator (maybe). But as long as I used R to do everything, it worked.
Cheers,
Rubin