Can't style my network to show differential expression

joaoped...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 9:26:29 AM1/29/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Good morning. I've been trying to build a network to showcase a few differentially expressed genes of interest, but I'm having trouble coloring them. I created the STRING Network as suggested on the tutorial and imported an adapted table I made based on the model one, but every time I program the coloring it resets back to default or, even if the mapping stays programed, it doesn't apply to the data.

Scooter Morris

Feb 1, 2018, 10:50:09 AM2/1/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Good morning!

Its hard to determine what might be happening from your description.  Couple of things you might check, though.  First, see if the column that contains your expression values actually got imported as a numeric column.  Sometimes there are non-numeric entries that confuse the type-guesser in the importer.  If that's the case, delete the column and re-import it, but make sure that you force it to be numeric (click on the column header in the importer).  Second, make sure that you are changing the right visual style when you do the mapping -- you should clear "Fill Color" in the STRING Style and then set up your mapping.  I'm assuming you got the network from the StringApp in all of this.

-- scooter