Blueprints plugin for Cytoscape

lbhavan...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2017, 12:58:40 AM11/16/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi group,

I'm building a tool which allows the users to visualize and edit the graph stored in a gremlin store. I'm new to this kind of UI space.

Which UI framework is best for this Cytoscape or Gephi?
Are there blueprints plugins for both of these?
Please share your experience using these.

Thanks,
BH

Scooter Morris

Nov 16, 2017, 11:28:08 AM11/16/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Well, there are a number of ways you can use Cytoscape with TinkerPop, but I would think that the best way would be to use the REST interface to Cytoscape and inject your graph directly into it.  You could save your graph as a Neo4j database and use the Neo4j app to pull it into Cytoscape or save your graph as a GraphML or some other common graph format and read it in that way.  Neither Cytoscape or Gephi are UI frameworks, though -- both are standalone applications that are designed to import, visualize, analyze and manipulate very large graphs.

-- scooter

Barry Demchak

Nov 16, 2017, 11:33:30 AM11/16/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com