is there a way to create a sub network from selected nodes and all adjacent edges through cyrest

Ruth Isserlin

Dec 6, 2016, 12:16:51 PM12/6/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Is there a way to create a sub network from all the selected nodes and any adjacent edges (similar to "File" -> "New" -> "network" -> "From selected nodes, all edges") through cyrest.

using this call I only get the selected node and no edges:

Alternately is there a way to select all adjacent edges through cyrest (as opposed to computing the edges of all my selected nodes and updating the selected value in the default edge table).

Thanks,
Ruth

Keiichiro Ono

Dec 6, 2016, 2:05:57 PM12/6/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruth.

Currently, the REST API calls this Cytoscape public API:

http://chianti.ucsd.edu/cytoscape-3.4.0/API/org/cytoscape/task/create/NewNetworkSelectedNodesAndEdgesTaskFactory.html

And this means you need to select BOTH nodes and edges if you need to
create new subnetwork from selection.

So in your case, you need to select nodes and then select connecting
edges. Then you can call this API to create new network from the
selection.

Kei
> --

Keiichiro Ono
http://keiono.github.io/

Barry Demchak

Dec 6, 2016, 2:49:55 PM12/6/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Kei ... and to add to that, we do have a project called cyREST2 that is getting ready to crank up. It identified all of the Cytoscape features, specifically those that aren't covered by existing cyREST calls. We'll be building cyREST out so it has much more complete function coverage.