visualizing all-vs-all blast

sofia...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 4:47:01 AM5/29/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I am trying to visualise my all-vs-all blast with cytoscape. It seems when I just upload my tab with the results from the blast that I get the network (without even telling in which column the blast score is). I just wanted to make sure that what I get is correct. Some people change the e-value to -log(e-value) before uploading the tab to cytoscape. What should I do ?

Another question : Is there a new alternative to the former app Blast2SimilarityGraph ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Sofia

Scooter Morris

May 29, 2018, 10:04:04 AM5/29/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sofia,

    Not sure what format you are using for your BLAST output, but all
you should really need is the query ID (source node), subject ID (target
node) and the e-value.  You shouldn't need to take the -log of your
e-value, although it might make it easier to do cutoffs.  If you do an
edge-weighted layout, make sure to go to the Settings dialog and set
-log for the edge weight interpretation, though.

-- scooter

Sofia Rigou

May 29, 2018, 4:39:41 PM5/29/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much. I have all that and also other columns. So I enter the source and the target sequence but I can not check the e-value as the column for interaction type. Is that needed or does cytoscape recognize the e-value by it self ?

Best regards,
Sofia

Sofia RIGOU

Co-présidente et Co-fondatrice de JS2
Member of CliMates' Administrative council

Website: www.climates.fr

Scooter Morris

May 29, 2018, 4:40:32 PM5/29/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Just leave the e-value as an edge column (the default).

-- scooter
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cytoscape-helpdesk" group.

Sofia Rigou

May 29, 2018, 4:45:44 PM5/29/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
OK thank you very much!