Filtering nodes

Martin Forde

Dec 1, 2016, 5:00:00 PM12/1/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

i have a ClueGO network diagram with ~1000 nodes, and I'd like to filter out a lot of these by GO ID. For example, I only have maybe 80 nodes that I'm interested in and I know there IDs. How do I go about getting rid of the misc. nodes I don't want? I don't see a function within the gui. Maybe there's something I can do within the session files themselves? Maybe delete non-matching GO ID from a node table? Any suggestions?

Martin

piet molenaar

Dec 2, 2016, 3:30:12 AM12/2/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Martin,
You can use the filter functionality to select for specific attribute values for either nodes or edges.
See here: http://manual.cytoscape.org/en/stable/Finding_and_Filtering_Nodes_and_Edges.html#filters
and a tutorial here: http://opentutorials.cgl.ucsf.edu/index.php/Tutorial:Filtering_and_Editing_in_Cytoscape_3
After you've selected the set you're interested in you can create a new network from that; CTRL+N
Hope this helps,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com