How to track multiple views for a subnetwork

Barry Demchak

Sep 29, 2016, 6:49:28 PM9/29/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com, Christian Lopes

Hi, Christian –

I think you’re working on the idea of showing multiple views for a subnetwork … where currently only one is possible.

With a single view per subnetwork, a view is equivalent to a subnetwork, and it’s easy for the user to track what relates to what.

For multiple collections, this breaks down, as the current display grid doesn’t allow a user to see which networks belong to which collections.

Similarly, with multiple views per subnetwork, the association between views and subnetworks (much less between subnetworks and collections) becomes difficult.

I know you’ve thought much about this. Can you tell me where you think the UI needs to go so the user is able to keep these relationships straight? (Clearly, the network panel gives good guidance … not so much in the display panel.)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

: Barry Demchak, PhD

: National Resource for Network Biology (NRNB)

: UC San Diego

: Department of Medicine

: Medical Sciences Research (MSR) Building, Room 3A15

: https://sosa.ucsd.edu/confluence/display/~bdemchak/Home

: Land line: (858) 822-4756, Mobile: (858) 452-8700