"Export network as a graphics" problem

N. Mehmet Ünel

Dec 29, 2016, 7:59:19 AM12/29/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
I am having a problem about exporting my network as a graphics file. When I try to export my network as graphics file(png, jpeg or anything else), I am having an error. The error is "enter the file adress" but there is no window where can I spesify a output directory.

Is there anyone who can help?

Best regards.

PS: I attached some screenshots.

Barry Demchak

Dec 29, 2016, 12:59:03 PM12/29/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Agreed, Mehmet ... this is a pretty klunky export interface. To get it to go, you need to provide a file name by first clicking on the export dialog's Browse button, navigating to the folder you intend, and then supplying a file name and clicking Save.

In v3.5, we're replacing the interface with something much more navigable. Would you like to try it out?? You can download it at http://bit.ly/2fPG4R8

We apologize for your confusion.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD
: UC San Diego, Department of Medicine
: https://sosa.ucsd.edu/confluence/display/~bdemchak/Home
: (858) 452-8700
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

N. Mehmet Ünel

Dec 30, 2016, 3:50:02 AM12/30/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk

Thank you for your interest Barry. But there is no browse button on my export dialog's or I'm missing something. Now I'm gonna install 3.5 version and try my best. I'll let you know the progress.

ps: I'll attached a ss of export dialog's.

225bp

29 Aralık 2016 Perşembe 20:59:03 UTC+3 tarihinde Barry Demchak yazdı:
Agreed, Mehmet ... this is a pretty klunky export interface. To get it to go, you need to provide a file name by first clicking on the export dialog's Browse button, navigating to the folder you intend, and then supplying a file name and clicking Save.

In v3.5, we're replacing the interface with something much more navigable. Would you like to try it out?? You can download it at http://bit.ly/2fPG4R8

We apologize for your confusion.

cihate...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2017, 12:20:30 AM2/5/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk

Hi.
I have the same problem. Have you found any solution to this problem?

Barry Demchak

Feb 6, 2017, 10:38:10 AM2/6/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi –

Would you mind trying the new export support in the Cytoscape v3.5 release candidate (http://bit.ly/2fPG4R8)

Thanks!

cihate...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 11:31:44 AM2/6/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi  Barry,
This version is working properly.
Thank you for your interest.

Barry Demchak

Feb 6, 2017, 11:33:07 AM2/6/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Very glad to hear this … we think the new version is better, too.

Please feel free to ask additional questions as they arise.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/cytoscape-helpdesk.