Changing the style of selected nodes

Ahmad s

May 13, 2017, 5:11:35 PM5/13/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello all
How can I change the style of some selected nodes (Fill color or lable) of a network? I can do it by adding some new columns but is there any easy way to do that?

Thanks

Scooter Morris

May 14, 2017, 10:05:34 AM5/14/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
On 05/13/2017 02:11 PM, Ahmad s wrote:
Hello all
How can I change the style of some selected nodes (Fill color or lable) of a network? I can do it by adding some new columns but is there any easy way to do that?
Hi Ahmad,
    Sure!  In the Style panel you'll see three columns of squares next to the various properties:
  • Def. for the default value of the property
  • Map. for the visual mapping of the property
  • Byp. for the bypass value
Note that the last one, Byp. is only available when nodes (or edges) are selected.  If you select a number of nodes, then click on the Byp. square next to the Fill color (for example), and set the color, only the color for those nodes will be set.

-- scooter

Thanks