Re: Request: Cytoscape

Barry Demchak

Mar 18, 2016, 10:16:18 AM3/18/16
to Kathari...@ukmuenster.de, cytoscape-helpdesk
Thank you, Katharina --

I can't answer this directly, but can forward the question to the Help forum where practicing biologists (expert Cytoscape users) can give the best answer.

To hear the answer, please enroll in the cytoscape-helpdesk at googlegroups.com

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 6:35 AM, Kathari...@ukmuenster.de <Kathari...@ukmuenster.de> wrote:

Dear Mr. Demchak,

a colleague of mine showed me this wonderful open source program Cytoscape which I now want to use for the analysis of my microarray as it makes the work a lot easier.

As you are the project manager for the of the Cytoscape program I think you can answer my question. I installed the 3.0 Version successfully, however the DroID plugin does only work with the 2.5 version which offers less tools. I am wondering whether there is also an updated version for this plugin which I just did not find.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards

Katharina Thiel

Katharina Thiel, M.Sc. Biologie
Institut für Neuropathologie
Pottkamp 2, 1. Obergeschoss
Universitätsklinikum Münster

D - 48149 Münster

phone:   +49 (0) 251-8350423
fax:     +49 (0) 251-8356971

--
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD

Scooter Morris

Mar 24, 2016, 11:17:07 AM3/24/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk, Kathari...@ukmuenster.de
Hi Katharina,
    There are several tools available to import Drosophila protein-protein interactions, although not directly from DroID.  You could give StringApp a try and see if it gives you the networks you expect, or you could contact the folks at DroID (their e-mail contact is on the "ContactUs" link of their web page) and see if they have any plans to port their plugin.

-- scooter