Clicking to navigate in 3.4

Claire McWhite

Aug 23, 2016, 12:50:36 PM8/23/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk

I just upgraded from Cytoscape 3.2 to 3.4. Previously, I'd use the left click to select a node and mouse-wheel click to pan.  Now, left click+drag BOTH pans and repositions nodes.  So, when I'm panning around, I keep inadvertently repositioning nodes and having to do ctrl-z.

I know I can pan with the inset box, but I'd prefer to click on the network directly.

Is there any way/option to use the navigation click and select behavior from 3.2 in the new 3.4 i.e. mouse wheel pan + left click select?

Scooter Morris

Aug 25, 2016, 11:27:51 AM8/25/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Claire,
   Left click should only move nodes if they are selected and your mouse is over one of the selected nodes when you mouse down.  Otherwise, left click should just pan.  Is that not what you're seeing?

-- scooter