Cytoscape Tutorial: R driving CyREST

misbah ch

Aug 17, 2017, 8:22:36 AM8/17/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

I have a question regarding "R driving CyREST". I have a problem using the loadTableData function. whenever I try to use this I get this error. Can you please help me regarding this?
Error in data.list[[i]] <- rest :
  attempt to select less than one element in integerOneIndex

In that tutorial, it was mentioned to download two files "mean expression file" and "mutation data file" from TCGA portal. There are a lot of files there and I am not sure which one to download. Can you please provide the link of these two files?

Regards,

Scooter Morris

Aug 17, 2017, 11:40:03 AM8/17/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Greetings,
   You didn't say which Tutorial you were referring to.  I assume you're talking about the one from: https://github.com/cytoscape/cytoscape-automation/tree/master/for-scripters/R/advanced-cancer-networks-and-data.Rmd?  If so, the data is in the "data" subdirectory of the github repository.  Just go to: https://github.com/cytoscape/cytoscape-automation and clone or download the repository and you'll have it all.

-- scooter

misbah ch

Aug 18, 2017, 5:21:33 AM8/18/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

Yes, I was talking about that tutorial. Thank you for the sending me the link.  But I am still unable to load data from r to Cytoscape using the "loadTableData" function. I still get the same error when I run the command:

loadTableData(brc.expr)  #default data.frame key is row.names

Error in data.list[[i]] <- rest :
  attempt to select less than one element in integerOneIndex

Misbah

Scooter Morris

Aug 24, 2017, 10:18:10 AM8/24/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Misbah,
  What version of Cytoscape (and CyREST) are you running?

-- scooter