Grouping boolean filters

Michelle Toups

Apr 6, 2016, 2:36:48 PM4/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I have some genes that are similar and wished to find all edges that connect (contain) either IL4 OR IL13 but NOT IL4R. I have found "not contains" for IL4R AND "contains" IL4 but now cannot seem to find any way to group these two together before adding the OR condition for "contains" IL13. In less confusing words, I can get the results for "IL4 NOT IL4R" and I can get the results for "IL4 (including IL4R) OR IL13", but I cannot find "(IL4 NOT IL4R) OR IL13". When I try to chain filters together, I only get the option of "interaction transformer". I am not sure I understand the purpose of this filter, but it doesn't seem to be what I am looking for. How can I achieve the filtering that I could otherwise achieve by parenthesis?

Thank you!

Mike Kucera

Apr 6, 2016, 3:10:37 PM4/6/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Composite filters (AND/OR) are created by dragging and dropping one filter onto another. You don't need to use the chain tab.

Regards,

Michelle Toups