Help using BiNGO with Escherichia Coli

Sammy Pontrelli

Dec 6, 2016, 6:10:21 PM12/6/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk

I did an online tutorial for BiNGO and it worked fine (for yeast), but I can't get E.coli to work.

I have a list of genes that I want to put into BiNGO and have them grouped by gene type/association.

I downloaded the file gene_association.ecocyc and set that to be the annotation file in BiNGO.

When I put my gene list in, it says "Some category labels in the annotation file are not defined in the ontology.... For now they will be ignored" . So I press OK.

There are around 400 genes that I am imputing, but only around 30 of them show up in the list that's generated in BiNGO.

What am I doing wrong? Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

piet molenaar

Dec 8, 2016, 12:34:23 PM12/8/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Sammy,
Mostly this is due to different ids in the shared name column.
Can you send me your network?
Cheers,
Piet

Piet Molenaar