Nodes not have the same style

Joan Anton Puig Butille

Mar 29, 2016, 11:43:25 AM3/29/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,
I've selected the style of a network based on Betweenneess Centrality and degree. Why some nodes with higher values of degrees and B. Centrality, such as GBAS genes, do not appear in the same style?

Thanks in advance
example GBAS.pdf

Scooter Morris

Mar 29, 2016, 12:28:55 PM3/29/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joan,
    There could be many ways this could happen, including the potential to override a style for a particular node.  Without seeing your style settings and the data, it would be very hard for us to determine exactly how it happened in your case.

-- scooter

Shweta Thakur

Mar 30, 2016, 5:44:15 AM3/30/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

I have made a network of proteins which shows interaction  with other different proteins using  String database.  i am working in windows operating system  and I want to pick up only the desired proteins (interest proteins)  from the clusters of different proteins showing in a network.
Sir, I want to know that is there any option in cytoscape (windows) to pick out only desired proteins from a cluster of proteins showing in the network.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.
--
With regards,
Shweta Thakur

Scooter Morris

Mar 30, 2016, 12:28:18 PM3/30/16
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shweta,
    You say you got this from String, but you don't say how.  Did you use the StringApp?  If so, the matching query protein name is a column you can use to filter on.  If not, then I would suggest using the menu item Select->Nodes->From ID list file...  Make sure that the ids in the file exactly match the "name" column in the network.

-- scooter