Error message when opening a .sif file

cchem...@gmail.com

May 30, 2018, 2:34:54 PM5/30/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk

Hi I installed Cytoscape today. In following the tutorials I found, I discovered I am unable to open files with the .sif extension. I receive the same error message every time:

"Cytoscape does not recognize files with the suffix '.sif'. Please choose another file."

I cannot find anything in the user manual or online regarding this specific issue. Please help!

With thanks.

Scooter Morris

May 30, 2018, 2:38:45 PM5/30/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
You need to use "File->Import->Network->File". "File->Open" is used to
open Cytoscape session files.

-- scooter

cchem...@gmail.com

May 30, 2018, 5:02:16 PM5/30/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Thanks very much for helping solve a simple problem. That really wasn't explained in the tutorial on their website.

Much Appreciation!