query regarding use of cytoscape for merging networks

varsha narayan tandra Tandra

Nov 15, 2017, 12:40:40 AM11/15/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi all,
  I wanted to know how to build a network in cytoscape as shown in the attachment. i have a mass spec data which has a source node and target node and i was able to build network between this two, but i am unable to understand how they have created the dotted networks from the database and merged into the existing ones. I have attached the paper for reference.

 Regards
Varsha Tandra
Reasearch Scholar
IISC

varsha narayan tandra Tandra

Nov 15, 2017, 12:41:57 AM11/15/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
cytoscape.docx

Scooter Morris

Nov 15, 2017, 12:26:00 PM11/15/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Varsha,
   We published a Nature Protocol that covers that pretty well.  Take a look at: https://www.nature.com/articles/nprot.2014.164  There is a step-by-step tutorial included.  It's actually going to be even easier after Cytoscape 3.6 releases later this month.

-- scooter