Universal Interaction Database nos SEARCHING.

Arabela Guedes

Sep 5, 2016, 10:20:39 AM9/5/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I am facing some problems to perform searches in database.
I installed Cytoscape 3.4.0 in my computer one month ago and it was working really well. Then (I don't know why) when I try to search for protein interactions the box that contained a bar signaling loading, which used to fill this blue bar in few seconds or minutes, just fill it in one or two seconds (very quickly!) and my search do not takes place. Without any message of error or something like that. I cleaned my computer... I tried to uninstall and reinstall Cytoscape 3.4.0 and did not work. I also tried to uninstall it and install an old version, the same... Did not work.

This problem has happened since last week and I have tried every day since than.

Someone can help me with any suggestion?

=)

Thanks!

piet molenaar

Sep 5, 2016, 10:47:24 AM9/5/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi, apparently the server that provides the interactions at EBI is still down....
You might want to try another network import app; like the stringapp: http://apps.cytoscape.org/apps/stringapp
Hope this helps,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

Barry Demchak

Sep 5, 2016, 12:50:02 PM9/5/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Adding to Piet's information ...

The EMBL people are working hard to get this PSICQUIC server back up. It has been down for several days.

We have put an advisory onto the Cytoscape Welcome screen ... in blue/red in the lower right. Once the PSICQUIC server is back up, we'll post another advisory.

Best of luck!

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Arabela Guedes <arabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD