some network databases not active in UIDC

bilc...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2018, 6:08:19 PM3/30/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I was wondering why some databases are not active in the UIDC client? When I approach them through the web, they are active.

In connection to this, I would like to download some of the databases (like IntAct) and use it within Cytoscape. How do I do that? what kind of format should the downloaded version of the database then be in?

Many thanks for your help in this!
Freddy

Scooter Morris

Apr 5, 2018, 10:19:01 AM4/5/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Freddy,

On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 3:08:19 PM UTC-7, bilc...@gmail.com wrote:
I was wondering why some databases are not active in the UIDC client? When I approach them through the web, they are active.
Can you let us know which databases aren't active?  We can talk with the PSIQUIC folks to figure out why they aren't advertising them to us.

In connection to this, I would like to download some of the databases (like IntAct) and use it within Cytoscape. How do I do that? what kind of format should the downloaded version of the database then be in?
Unfortunately, the answer is "it depends".  For IntAct, they support PSI-MI format files, which Cytoscape reads.  The resulting network is liable to be too large to be useful, though...

-- scooter