How do I start?

Caroline Marden

Oct 14, 2016, 9:02:42 AM10/14/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I have my OTU network that has been created in Qiime. In the file I have .txt file and props files. The Qiime tutorial says to file-import-network from table. I don't have that option, I only have file-import-network or file-import-table. Can you please help on how to get started please? I'm using version 3.4.0

Thank you

alex.pico

Oct 20, 2016, 2:31:50 PM10/20/16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Caroline,

Unfortunately, the tutorial at Qiime is a bit old, so there are some differences even beyond the initial step you got stuck on.  I'd recommend using this updated tutorial source:

http://opentutorials.cgl.ucsf.edu/index.php/Tutorial:Introduction_to_Cytoscape_3.1-part2

You should be able to translate most of the Qiime-specific steps to this general tutorial.  The first step, for example, is not file-import-network-file...  Let us know if you get stuck on a later step.

 - Alex