New to Cytoscape

laurakat...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 5:22:09 PM7/7/17
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi, I am new to Cytoscape and I am trying to figure out the correct format for my data. Although the tutorials are helpful, I can't find information on how MY data should be layed out/formatted/what is required, ideally in excel.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Scooter Morris

Jul 7, 2017, 7:23:07 PM7/7/17
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Laura,

Well, of course, that depends on your data. In general, you'll
need a column with an identifier for the source node and a column with
an identifier for the target node. That's it. If you want to add
information about your source and target nodes, you can have columns for
that also, as well as columns to reflect any edge attributes.
Basically, assume that each row in your Excel spreadsheet associates
with an edge in the network, including all of the information for the
two nodes that are connected by the edge.

-- scooter