Path Explorer help

Miquel Oltra

Feb 2, 2015, 10:20:03 AM2/2/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I am using Cytoscape 3.1, and I want to highlight connected paths on my network. I have tried PathExplorer and it works (the connected path between two nodes is highlighted), but I can not do anything else after that action. For instance, to create a subnetwork, or to undo the highlighted I have done before.

Any suggestion or help about the use of this app? There are other apps to accomplish this basic tasks?

Thanks in advance,
Miquel Oltra

piet molenaar

Feb 5, 2015, 4:53:59 AM2/5/15
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Miquel,
I'm seeing the same behavior in 3.2; since this is an app specific problem I'd suggest you contact the authors directly:
contact details of the main developer are here: https://github.com/Ritisha?tab=repositories
Cheers,
Piet

Piet Molenaar
piet...@gmail.com
Department of Oncogenomics, M1-131
Academic Medical Center
University of Amsterdam
Meibergdreef 9
1105 AZ Amsterdam
the Netherlands

tel (+31) 20-5666592
fax (+31) 20-6918626

Giovanni Scardoni

Feb 5, 2015, 5:02:26 AM2/5/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
you can use the Pesca app. It finds all the shortest paths between two or more of nodes.
It will be released in few weeks. You can find a beta version (working) here:

Please let me know any suggestion!
Giovanni
Giovanni Scardoni
The Center for BioMedical Computing (CBMC)
www.cbmc.it/~scardonig/
University of Verona
Strada le Grazie, 15 -37134
Verona -Italy

Try these Cytoscape apps!
CentiScaPe: http://www.cbmc.it/~scardonig/centiscape/centiscape.php
Interference: http://www.cbmc.it/~scardonig/interference/Interference.php

Miquel Oltra

Mar 25, 2015, 8:21:14 AM3/25/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piet!

Thanks for your answer. I haven't realised because I'm not still used to google groups discussions..

Finally, I decided to use the Pesca app in order to find the paths connecting one node to the rest of the network, and it is working quite well.

Giovanni, first of all I want to congratulate you for your job make in the app. It has been very helpful for me! The only thing that, in my opininon, is quite improvable is the "directed" check option.

For example: if I import in Cytoscape a network directly from Reactome (in BioPAX3 format), and then I use the Pesca app with "directed" option, the behaviour is not always the same. I mean that for edges types like "contains" or "member" it's difficult to follow the directions.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your job!

Best regards,
Miquel Oltra

Suchetana Gupta

Mar 25, 2015, 10:04:21 AM3/25/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Can we use Pesca to do calculations on a weighted network (the node and edge weight information is stored in an excel file)?
Any tutorial for the same?
Regards
Suchetana

Giovanni Scardoni

Mar 31, 2015, 3:18:25 AM3/31/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miquel,
sorry for delay answer. The directed option depends on the attribute of the edge. So it cannot decide
the direction of an edge as contains or member.
thank you for the suggestion, we will consider it for the next release.
Giovanni

Giovanni Scardoni

Mar 31, 2015, 3:24:21 AM3/31/15
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gupta,
Pesca can be used for weighted networks.

http://www.cbmc.it/~scardonig/pesca/

here a brief tutorial
Giovanni

Pesca features documentation.docx