RE: [cytoscape3 - Bug #3802] (Triaged) underlying algorythms

Barry Demchak

Mar 30, 2017, 6:13:52 PM3/30/17
to cytoscape....@gmail.com, jonas...@zv.fraunhofer.de, cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Jonas –

Thanks for asking about this. We don’t have a collection of papers underlying our layouts.

As a starter, you can find the force directed layout paper at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0020-0190(89)90102-6 … of course, coding doesn’t follow the paper, exactly.

Does this help?

(I’m transferring this conversation to the Cytoscape Helpdesk (cytoscape...@googlegroups.com) in case you’d like to reply.)

  • Author: Barry Demchak
  • Assignee: Barry Demchak
  • Category: Documentation/Website
  • Target version:
  • Tags:
  • Difficulty:
  • Feature Risk:
  • Testing Risk:
  • Reviewer:

OS: Windows
Cytoscape version: 3.4.0

Hi Team Cytoscape,I do not have any problem with running the program. The only thing I want to know if there is the possibility to prevent my nodes from overlapping each other when I apply different layouts.But my main concern are the algorythms behind the layouts. Is there any possibility to get some papers where the math behind is explained? I know that there are some spring-like applications, but how it really works (in a mathematical way) would interest me the most.Sincerely,Jonas Mair

Reported by: Jonas Mair
Email: jonas...@zv.fraunhofer.de

To change your notification preferences, please click here: https://code.cytoscape.org/my/account