Is it Possible to Calculate Relative Outdegree for Connected Components

lu...@tablelead.com

May 31, 2018, 12:08:26 PM5/31/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi all,

I am looking for a way to calculate the outdegree for each node relative to the min and max outdegree in that connected component.

I obtain a column with ccCluster using clusterMaker2, and also obtain Outdegree analyzing the network.

I can export and calculate outside, a relative Outdegree for each node in connection to the CC it belongs to.

Wondering if getting the metric is possible within Cytoscape. Can it be done as a function? I tried a few things but all I get are results for the node, not the CC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lucas

Alex Pico

Jun 7, 2018, 2:30:03 PM6/7/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Lucas,

I'd export the table and do the calculation in Excel and then re-import the value you want as a new column.  If you are using R or Python, you could also easily do this in those environments with a short script leveraging either:

or

 - Alex