how to conver .txt file to . mat file

feresht...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2018, 8:21:57 AM1/31/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
hi
as you explained in aMatreader tutorial in order to use of this app I should to save my adjacency matrix into a ".mat" file but I don't know how to convert ".txt" file into ".mat" file??
I hope,you help me.Thank you so much.

Barry Demchak

Jan 31, 2018, 8:24:30 AM1/31/18
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi ... just simply rename the file. The contents should stay the same. The reason for this is that Cytoscape needs help to determine the type of a file. .txt files can contain many different data types. .mat informs Cytoscape that your data is an adjacency matrix and nothing else.

Good luck!

Barry Demchak -- from my mobile phone

Scooter Morris

Jan 31, 2018, 9:11:04 AM1/31/18
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Just rename it :-)  We use ".mat" to get around some internal conflicts
with how our readers work (too many things try to read ".txt").

-- scooter