Launching cytoscape with a script

Ruth Isserlin

Jul 27, 2015, 3:47:36 PM7/27/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am trying to launch cytoscape with the -S option with cytoscape 3.2.1.  If I have Cluego or wiki pathways apps installed it doesn't launch the script.  Is there a way to get around whatever those two apps are doing at startup so that I can run the script from the command line.  If I uninstall the two apps then the script works but I would rather not have to uninstall them every time I run a script.
Thanks,
Ruth

Christian Lopes

Jul 30, 2015, 4:16:15 PM7/30/15
to cytoscape-discuss, ruth.i...@utoronto.ca
Hi,

ClueGO 2.5.1 fails to start in Cytoscape 3.2.1, and apparently that is preventing Cytoscape from being initialized properly when launched via a script with the -S option.
This is the logged error:

WARN  org.apache.felix.fileinstall - Error while starting bundle: file:/Users/christianlopes/CytoscapeConfiguration/3/apps/installed/cluego-plugin-2.1.5.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle fr.upmc.ici.cluegoplugin.cluego-plugin [115]: Unable to resolve 115.0: missing requirement [115.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=org.freehep.swing)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3974)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2037)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:955)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1245)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1217)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:509)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:358)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:310)

The good news is that the next version of Cytoscape (3.3) will prevent that from happening.
Also I cannot reproduce the issue on Cytoscape 3.2.1 with ClueGO 2.1.7.

Thanks,
Christian

Barry Demchak

Jul 30, 2015, 4:26:32 PM7/30/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com, Ruth Isserlin

Thanks, Christian ...

The v3.3 behavior would be because app startup exceptions are being caught and no longer obstruct startup??

Good news. I think Tim has also dealt with the ClueGo people on this point.

True, Tim???

Barry Demchak -- from my mobile phone

Tim Hull

Jul 30, 2015, 4:46:46 PM7/30/15
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Yes - the App Manager changes should render this issue moot, as a failed app shouldn't cause AppsFinishedStartingEvent not to fire.